10 Popular PHP Frameworks For Web Development In 2019
Published April 01,2019 11 months ago Posted By Justinas DanisReading Time: 4 minutes
PHP or hypertext preprocessor is an open-source server-side programming language and is extremely popular and has seen tremendous growth in the last few years owing to its capacity to securely handle complex applications quite fast. Therefore, websites built with PHP frameworks are quite responsive towards satisfying various business requirements. Also, backend development on PHP frameworks is quite safe, scalable and easily maintained. And PHP is going to gain more attention to the maximum of businesses in 2019.
PHP frameworks are time-saving and also allow to start working with codes from scratch. And with the availability of several PHP frameworks, you can decide and choose.
To help you decide, here we share a list of top 10 PHP frameworks that we, a web development company in Lithuania, find quite feasible.
But the first question is, why choose PHP framework?
The question is why, do developers opt for PHP frameworks when there are alternatives like Python and Ruby as well? Keep reading, to know why to choose PHP frameworks for your application development.
PHP can perform across various platforms, therefore, one can code with both mobile app developments and web development too. Therefore, mobile app developers don’t need to ponder over the usage of operating systems.
With various features, PHP framework ensures fast web application development, PHP frameworks promise speed. Also, the development of web pages using PHP frameworks are quite responsive with quick loading speeds.
- More diverse database
Most of the PHP frameworks work with various databases.
- Better stability
With the use of PHP frameworks for a long time, bugs were discovered and many of them fixed as well, hence resulted in increased PHP stability as a coding language.
- Supports content management system(CMS)
As PHP frameworks support CMS, and it is the common language for developing CMS.
What are the 10 Popular PHP Frameworks
Here we share a list of top 10 PHP frameworks to look for, in 2019
A very popular PHP framework that enables developers to build big web apps by simplification of regular tasks like security, caching, routing and authentication.
Why use Laravel?
- Allows developing robust applications with a complex backend.
- Enables app customization to fit a developer’s needs.
- Enables making of fast and highly secured web apps. Security is a crucial point to remember during web application development, and therefore this platform is a primary choice.
The only limitation is that being a comparatively newer platform, one can experience some bugs.
This comes with already built modules that make coding simple and app making faster.
Why use CodeIgniter?
- High speed
- Best framework for starters
- It is over a decade old and therefore stable with minimum lags
- With an illustrated database this platform is user-friendly
But it has own limitations too. It doesn’t have an inbuilt ORM
Sometimes, codes are difficult to edit
One of the earliest of the PHP frameworks and is quite reliable in making web apps.
This has several features similar to Laravel and makes it a difficult choice against Laravel.
Why use Symphony?
- Very flexible.
- Easy integration with other projects working with Drupal.
- Easy installation and usage across various platforms.
- With reusable components, this enables faster app development and needs very little space for memory
The only limitation is that Symphony is created mainly for experienced developers. Little tough for the beginners.
With an expandable architecture, developers can create simple yet attractive apps.
Why use CakePHP?
- Being easily used and understood, this is best suited for starters. With its CRUD(create, read, update, delete) framework enables create single libraries.
- With features say, cross-site scripting (XSS) protection, cross-site request forgery (CSRF) protection and input validation, this platform offer good security.
This best suits for every type of web apps in backend development. This enables new techniques like lazy loading during web app development. With this loading technique apps, load faster.
Why use Yii?
- Very flexible in interoperability
- Greater speed and high performance
- Comes with security enabling features like SOL injection and cookie tampering to protect web applications from any kind of attacks. Therefore it’s chosen for CMS forums and e-commerce projects
This object-oriented framework enables developers to integrate functionalities which suits the projects. With Zend components, this helps to create web applications having enhanced functionalities.
Why use Zend
- It has a strong community base
- Allows developers to create customized apps.
- Good speed and highly efficient
This framework was created with C & Coo language. Developers’ choice, because it uses C-extension and doesn’t require learning of C programming language to use it.
Why use Phalcon?
- Easy installation and usage
- It has numerous beneficial features like caching, assets management and universal autoloader
- With minimum usage of memory space, it is quite fast
This supports MVC design pattern and is getting updated regularly, therefore more improvements are expected in this year.
Why use FueIPHP?
- Uses less memory
- Allows the apps to show more than one page at one time
- With security features, this is the best PHP framework for the projects which needs utmost security
An amazing PHP micro-frameworks to create APIs.
Why use Slim?
- Best for starters
- Used for user-friendly, simple and small web applications
Using HMVC architecture, this framework which is just 7 years old can develop web applications with high performance and quite new to the industry.
Why use PHPixie?
- Independent parts
- Easy usage
All the above-mentioned frameworks can be put into categories of independent libraries, completely developed PHP frameworks for web applications, and micro-frameworks, to keep application development simple and brilliant. Finally, it is the preference of developer of top web development company Lithuania, to decide which framework best suits the project.