10 Best Automation Testing Tools to Use in 2019 and Beyond
Published June 13,2019 7 months ago Posted By Justinas DanisReading Time: 4 minutes
In today’s fast-paced world, quality with speed is both the need. To fulfill this requirement, organizations are inclining towards methodologies like Continuous Integration, Agile and the very new and innovative DevOps. With this, test automation has become one key practice with the purpose of shortening testing time but with enhanced effectiveness.
As more and more software development companies realize this and increase their budget for testing, more products can reach the market successfully and at a good pace. Here is a list of 10 best test automation tools to help you choose for your project.
An open source automation tool for testing mobile apps, primarily. It supports automation in both native and hybrid apps and also mobile web applications for iOS and Android. It is based on server architecture and uses vendor-provided automation frameworks.
- To automates mobile app with any language and test framework.
- Don’t require SDK to test native apps or recompilation of the app.
- Can drive Android, iOS and Windows app with WebDriver protocol.
A free, cross-platform automation testing tool. It works along with Appium and Selenium, making API, web, and mobile automation tests simple. This can be integrated with various other tools like qTest, JIRA, Kobiton, Git, Slack, and more.
- It is versatile and runs on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- There are numerous in-built keywords to create test cases.
Selenium automates browsers. That’s it.
This announcement by Selenium says that it is a testing tool to automate web applications testing. With its brilliance as an open-source automation testing, this can be run in several browsers and OS and supports many programming languages including Java, Python, PHP, C#, and Perl.
A survey on challenges in test automation shows that about 84% of testers use or have used Selenium in their projects.
- Make advanced and complex automation scripts.
- Provides a base for many software testing tools.
- Reduces time being able to support parallel test execution.
An open source Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tool that supports multiple languages like Java, Ruby, Scala, Groovy, etc.
- The code can be run on various frameworks
- Test script is written in simple English of Gherkin.
- Support languages like Java, Ruby, Scala, Groovy, etc.
HPE Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
This happens to be one of the best cross-platform tools for automation testing. It brings together testers and developers and makes functional testing effective and less complex.
- Codes are written in VBScript.
- Supports data-driven testing.
- Compatible with several browser and platform.
An automation tool for SAP offers brilliant automation platform for DevOps and Agile and can tackle most complex testing cases. It offers a code-free and continuous test automation platform.
- This tool can be deployed at any stage of the SAP project.
- For testing and automation of Concur, SuccessFactors, Syclo, Ariba Network, SAP Fiori User Experience (UX).
- An integrated test-data management tool
Telerik Test Studio
One of the best testing tools loved both testers and developers. It offers a solution for web, desktop, mobile applications.
- Supports languages like C# and VB.NET
- Codes use C# and VB.Net for scripting
- It enables parallel test execution, scheduled tests and has huge test reporting features.
An open source functional testing tool that offers detailed API Test Automation Framework for Service-Oriented Architectures (SOAP) and Representational State Transfers (REST). It is a tool of choice for test API and services.
- Easy reuse of scripts
- With drag-drop, point and click test generation features, it’s easy for use.
- Enables asynchronous testing.
IBM Rational Functional Tester
This is a commercial testing tool for automation by IBM and created to automate functional and regression testing, data-driven testing, and GUI testing.
- With its storyboard testing features, you can see and edit tests.
- Supports two languages, VB.Net and Java.
- Integrates well with IBM test management tool
- Easy reuse of test scripts
- Can create complex codes without writing any new code.
Find the right automated testing tool
Besides the above mentioned testing tools, there are a plethora of automation test tools which you can make use of. Ultimately, finding the right testing solution is to compare the offerings as test results and use of test scripts. Automated test tools make testing easier and fast.
Today several companies are using various automated products, a few for better user experience and others for data validation. And the rest as an all-purpose repetitive testing tool. Most of the testing tools come with a free trial option.
No software can be 100 % free of errors. And the best thing you can do is thoroughly test the software and fix the bugs. For this you need an experienced and focused software QA team, using the best of the best testing tools for convenience and whom you can trust.
At Cingant, our priority is to deliver a quality product at a competitive speed. Our center for mobile app development in Lithuania offers QA services that include automated testing services, which helps to monitor the development process and come with solutions if any bug appears, without any time lapse.